1. Ensure effective media services to the Prime Minister and the Department;
2. Ensure dissemination of information relating to the initiatives and developments within the Office of the Prime Minister and the Department;
3. Dissemination of information relating to Government initiatives with support of other government line agencies;
4. Provide advocacy and awareness in support of the Government’s key priority areas; and
5. Provide effective website services to the Prime Minister and Department.
To provide effective and efficient corporate and other support services to the Prime Minister, the Governor General, the National Executive Council, Ministers, Ministerial Committees, and the Department.
Journalist Visa Clearance Approval:
To obtain a journalist visa clearance approval; foreign media must provide the following documents:
1. Current passport bio-page;
2. Confirmation Letter from Employer/Letter of Assignment;
3. A Support Letter from a Sponsor in PNG (if any);
4. Confirmed travel itinerary;
5. List of Equipment; and
6. Copy of completed Visa Application form.
All cover letter and documents must be attention to:
Ms. Matrom John, Media Director, Media Unit, Operations Division, Department of Prime Minister & National Executive Council, P.O. Box 639, Waigani, National Capital District, Papua New Guinea.