1. Provide advice and up-to-date information on all major issues related to major economic and sustainable development;
2. Provide analysis, assessment and advice on large development projects in mining, petroleum, gas, fisheries, forestry, agriculture, trade and investment, commerce and industry (SME, informal sector) SOEs, and land matters;
3. Coordinate development of policy on climate change and mitigation strategies on: environment biodiversity and sustainability; food security and production; carbon trade; and
Reducing Emissions from Deforestation & Degradation (REDD) initiative and environment related issues;
4. Provide oversight and coordination on the re-opening of: the Bougainville Copper Mine and Ok Tedi Mine Community Mine Continuation Agreement ; OK Tedi’s Mine Life Extension ; and on the establishment of new projects in the Gas Industry, and on hydro power projects and thermal energy; and
5. Provide oversight on the National Recurrent and Development Budget in liaison with Department of Treasury, Finance and National Planning.
1. To provide the Prime Minister, Ministers and the National Executive Council with high quality and timely policy, legislation, and management advice in relation to National
Development Plans; and
2. To promote high quality and timely advice to Chief Secretary, Prime Minister, NEC and Ministerial Committees on the effective management of national security, socio-political,
trade, economic and international issues.