Prime Ministers Media Releases
Prime Minister Hon. James Marape, MP, today paid his last respects to the Member for Kerema, Late Hon. Richard Mendani, MP, in Port Moresby.
PM Marape with Deputy Speaker Hon. Koni Iguan, Opposition Leader Hon. Belden Namah, Government Ministers and other MPs paid their final respects as the casket laid-in-State in the Grand Hall of the National Parliament.
“On behalf of the people of Papua New Guinea and my family, I would like to pay our last respects to the Late Hon. Richard Mendani,” PM Marape said.
He said the Late Hon. Mendani was a serving member of Parliament, when he passed away on March 20th, 2021, after a long illness.
“He was elected into Parliament in 2012 and was very vocal about corruption in his own province of Gulf,” PM Marape said.
“Late Hon. Mendani was a young leader who had a lot of potential to contribute extensively to the development of his electorate and the country.
“His passing is a great loss to the people of Papua New Guinea.”
- PRIME MINISTER MARAPE ANNOUNCES GOVERNMENT SUPPORT FOR IHU SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE
- PM MARAPE VISITS KIKORI DISTRICT TO LAUNCH SEVERAL IMPACT PROJECTS
- Prime Minister Marape conveys deepest sympathy to Her Majesty the Queen
- PM MARAPE: GOVERNMENT SET TO SIGN AGREEMENT WITH BARRICK TO REOPEN PORGERA GOLD MINE
- PM Marape commends GG Sir Bob for taking vaccine
- PM MARAPE CALLS ON PROVINCES AND DISTRICTS TO STEP-UP EFFORTS IN ADDRESSING AND CONTAINING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- AstraZeneca has 63.09 percent efficacy
- PM Marape assures healthcare workers of AstraZeneca vaccine
- PM Marape: PNG records highest number of COVID-19 cases over last 24 hours
- PM Marape passes condolences on passing of Kerema MP Hon. Richard Mendani
- PM Marape angered at airport clash
- The Governments of Papua New Guinea and Australia continue to work closely to combat the shared threat we face from the global COVID-19 pandemic.
- SIR MANASUPE HAUS BUILDING TO GO INTO 4-DAY LOCKDOWN
- Government looks at AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine
- PM Marape expresses great sadness at passing of Sir Michael Somare
- PM MARAPE SIGNS SPORTS PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT IN RUGBY LEAGUE WITH AUSTRALIA