- Prepare and draft all Government Legislation, both primary (Acts) and secondary (Regulations), initial and amending for presentation to Parliament;
- Prepare subordinate legislation and instruments (Gazette notices, appointments, determinations, proclamations etc) related to legislation;
- Continued editing, Consolidation and printing of Papua New Guinea Laws; and
- Provide advice and / or draft legislation for provincial and local-level Governments.
To provide the Prime Minister, Ministers and the National Executive Council with high quality and timely policy, legislative and management advice in relation to National Plans.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Draft legislation on a timely basis.
- Legislative Programs developed.
- Timely drafting of Statutory Instruments.
- Statutory Instruments in the National Gazette and OLC Website published on timely basis.
- Legislations for public consumption disseminated.
- Legislative Drafting Training workshop and awareness conducted.
- In-house capacity development and training conducted.
- Consolidated number of laws annually.