1. Administer the Public Finance Management Act and financial management regulations;
2. Responsible for effective and prudent management of the Department’s Annual Budget Appropriations, PIP and other project funding;
3. Prepare the Monthly and Annual Financial Expenditure and Management Accountability Reports;
4. Prepare the Annual Operational and Personnel Emoluments Budget Estimates;
5. Establish and review internal management and control systems, processes and practices on financial management and accounting, and administration and procurement management;
6. Maintain effective financial records and audit procedures; and
7. Provide support on the implementation of PNG Vision 2050 directional statements.
To provide effective and efficient corporate and other support services to the Prime Minister, the Governor General, the NEC, Ministers, Ministerial Committees, and the Department.