1. Provide information and communication services to the Department;
2. Develop and implement automated IT management systems and resources to address the goals and objectives of the Department;
3. Provide hardware support services including maintenance and troubleshooting;
4. Develop and install information management systems;
5. Develop and maintain effective IT communication systems including email and internet services, and the Departmental website in line with IT policy guidelines;
6. Develop and implement the ERS for NEC and whole of government in line with industry standards and compliance;
7. Develop and implement the Electronic Document Management Systems for a paperless office; and
8. Provide ICT training for all officers within the Department.
To provide effective and efficient corporate IT and other support services to the Prime Minister, the Governor General, the National Executive Council, Ministers, Ministerial Committees, and the Department.