1. To effectively deliver professional systems compliance services to the Department through the annual internal audit plan;
2. To review systems and operations to assess the extent to which organizational objectives are achieved and adequacy of controls over the activities;
3. To evaluate the relevance and integrity of management and financial information to assess the reliability of reports;
4. To ascertain the extent of compliance with established business processes and procedures;
5. To recommend improvements in procedures and systems to prevent waste, extravagance and fraud;
6. To ensure compliance with the PFMA and PSMA and applicable laws and regulations;
7. To conduct any ad hoc investigations, regulations and reviews as requested by senior management and Audit Committee; and
8. To develop and institute strategic and operational plans, policies and procedures to enhance risk management.
To provide effective and efficient corporate and other support services to the Prime Minister, the Governor-General, the National Executive Council, Ministers, Ministerial Committees and the Department.