1. Coordinate, monitor and provide advice to the Deputy Secretary (PCMW2), Chief Secretary and the Prime Minister on NEC Decisions relating to all major transport and infrastructure sector matters;
2. Coordinate, monitor and provide advice to the Deputy Secretary, Chief Secretary and the Prime Minister on NEC Decisions relating to all major works sector matters;
3. Assess and provide analysis, advice and up-to-date information to the Deputy Secretary, Chief Secretary and the Prime Minister on all matters relating transport and infrastructure sector agencies ensuring implementation of their respective policies and programs are in line with the National Development Plans;
4. Coordinate, monitor and assess the implementation of Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) and strategies on infrastructure preservation, New Road Corridor, road safety
engineering, road use management, and other appropriate plans and strategies to ensure alignment with National Development Plans in liaison with Department of Works and
Department of Transport;
5. Coordinate, monitor and provide assessment on implementation of transport sector policies and programs such as the Transport Sector Support Program (TSSP), Medium Term Transport Plan (MTTP) and National Transport Strategy (NTS) in alignment with the National Development Plans in liaison with Department of Works and Department of Transport; and
6. Provide oversight on the implementation of National Capital District Commission Infrastructure Development Plan and programs.
1. To provide the Prime Minister, National Executive Council and the Chief Secretary with high
quality and timely policy, legislation, and management advice in relation to the National
Development Plans; and
2. To lead the Public Sector through an effective whole of Government approach to coordinate
policy development and monitor the implementation of key Government transport projects
and initiatives in the Country.