OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY SECRETARY
Reports presented here are for Policy Wing 2 within the Department of Prime Minister and NEC.
PCMW 2 is headed by a Deputy Secretary and covers the following sectors and the respective Divisions and Branches:
1. Law and Order (L&O) Branch;
2. Social Policy and Governance (SPG) Branch – The SPG Branch covers reports from the Education Sector, Health Sector, Social Development Sector and Governance Sector; and
3. Administrative Sector and Provincial and District Service Branch (APDS) – The APDS Branch covers reports from the Public Sector Management (Admin) & National Reforms Unit and Provincial & District Services Sector.
1. Provide timely strategic policy advice concerning the Law and Order. Social, Administration and Provincial and Districts Division (LOSA&PDS) sectors to Chief Secretary, Prime Minister & NEC;
2. Report on Whole of Government performance related to the implementation of National Government Development priorities including Public Sector and Institutional Reforms as advocated in Medium Term development strategies, DSP 2010-2030 and PNG Vision 2050; and
3. Coordinate and monitor LOSA&PDS related NEC Decisions, government directives, impact projects, development agendas, sector policies and its implementation.
Under the leadership of the Deputy Secretary - Policy Coordination & Monitoring Wing 2